2011 Crochet

Happy New Year!!

I know it's clichéd to make New Year resolutions but I rather like them.

There is nothing more exciting to me than sitting down every few months to see

'where I'm at'

Beyond the Square - Motif 49
Beyond the Square – Motif 49

2010 proved to be a very interesting year.

I don't think I had a  goal for crochet other than developing the basics

but I think I went way beyond that.

Vivid Dreams Blanket
Vivid Dreams Blanket

From May 2010

I knocked out 65 'Beyond the Square' motifs &

12 crochet projects

ranging from pincushions to scarves;

I even managed to make the Vivivd Dreams blanket!

Crochet Buttons
Crochet Buttons

I honestly

didn't have any of these in mind at the

beginning of the year.

Pears & Parasols
Pears & Parasols

So for 2011

I thought I would take a similarily relaxed approach.

I plan to continue to work as I have been

(from my Japanese books)

War of the Roses
War of the Roses

Plus

teach myself Tunisian crochet.

Lollipop Scarf
Lollipop Scarf

That should keep be pretty busy for another year…

but first, I need to go book shopping.

Woohoo!!!

8 Comments on Crochet: 2011…

1. Fiona
    January 3, 2011 at 8:15 am (7 years ago)

That sounds like a great plan – any excuse to buy some books can’t be wrong! I’ve been eyeing up tunisian crochet too … but I need to improve the basic crochet skills that I learned in 2010 first. Can’t wait to see what you make!

2. sharon
    January 3, 2011 at 8:42 am (7 years ago)

Happy New Year to you and DH and I agree any excuse to buy more books is always a great idea.

3. Richard Rose
    January 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm (7 years ago)

I found Tunisian Crochet to be a little tricky at first (couldn’t figure out how to get it to go straight) but I think I’ve mastered it now, so if you need any help just holler.
    Amazon also have a pretty good book entitled “Tunisian Crochet: The Look of Knitting with the Ease of Crocheting”. I’ve recently received my copy so I haven’t had a good look at it yet. Maybe I’ll do a review of it on my blog (http://rosescrafts.blogspot.com) once I’ve had a better look.

4. Rachael
    January 4, 2011 at 12:38 am (7 years ago)

Happy New Year! You’ve made some amazing things over the last 12 months. I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. Looking forward to what’s to come Xx

5. Michele
    January 4, 2011 at 1:34 am (7 years ago)

Happy New Year Heidi! I like the resolution too, the taking-stock and looking around to see what needs doing. I loved all these beautiful crocheted projects from last year and can’t wait to see what you’ve in store for 2011. I will be back!

6. Sewing Daisies
    January 5, 2011 at 9:51 am (7 years ago)

Happy 2011! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday 🙂
    Thank you Richard for the recommendation, I have just looked on Amazon and it looks great so I have ordered a copy along with “Learn to do Tunisian Lace Stitches”. I can’t wait to get started!
    xxh

7. pattie
    January 8, 2011 at 12:36 pm (7 years ago)

LOVE all of your crochet work! It’s beautiful!

8. Sewing Daisies
    January 11, 2011 at 10:34 am (7 years ago)

Happy New Year Patti! Thank you for stopping by, I love that you like my little projects. Hopefully in a few months I iwll be able to show off some ‘Tunisian Crochet’.
    xxh