Making ribbon bows is easy when you know how.
This tutorial is for the (stand alone) small ribbon bow I used in my
Ikea Kool Bucket Candle
a) Parallel Loops
1. Grab a lenght of ribbon and fold a single loop, holding the center between your thumb & middle finger (the beginning of the ribbon rests on top).
2. Pick up the remainder of the ribbon and form a lower loop, holding the center between your thumb & middle finger.
3. Pick up the remainder of the ribbon and fold a third top loop. (Both the start & end of the ribbon should be lying on thumb side).
If you are using ribbon that has two different textured or coloured sides, fold the ribbon so that the matching sides are facing up.
b) Right Loop over Left Loop
1. Take your right loop and place it over your left, to create a cross.
You should now have two smaller top loops, and one larger bottom loop.
c) Fold over Left Loop
1. Fold the Right loop over the left Loop.
d) Pull through Loop
1. Pull the Right Loop through the center (large) loop.
2. Gently pull the Left Loop to create even top loops.
3. Turn the bow around for it's correct side.
4. Trim the ends accordingly.